This course has been designed for frontline staff, and provides perspective centred on equal access for disabled people, and addresses both legislative and best practice issues.
- Have gained an overview of the legislation relating to disability
- Appreciate the difference between the medical and social models of disability, and the implications on policy and practices
- Be able to define the term ‘reasonable adjustments’ and give examples in a local context
- Use appropriate language when addressing disabled people
- Follow guidelines issued by the DRC and Minister for Disabled People
- Work in a truly inclusive way, appreciating the needs of disabled people, and contributing to their positive experience in dealings with the organisation